PROJECTS - CDR Tools Front End - FAQ
- Every time I start CDR Tools Front End I'm getting the message "No CD drive(s) found! The most common reason is you don't have properly installed ASPI driver". How can I fix this?
- Which version should I use?
- Why CDR Tools Front End is not an Open Source project?
- Will CDR Tools Front End become commercial or ad-ware?
A: You need an ASPI layer. I'm searching for someone to allow me distribute their ASPI drivers but meanwhile you can try one of these options:
- Search Google for "ForceASPI" and install it.
- Go to Adaptec's site and download Adaptec ASPI drivers. I'm giving you two direct download links here, but they might expire someday. In such case do a search on the site. Try HTTP download.
- Search Google for "Nero ASPI" and extract it in CDR Tools Front End directory or in your windows\system32 directory (or windows\system if you are using Windows 95/98/ME).
A: All experienced users which don't mind using English only interface should use the latest and greatest development or beta version! Keep in mind that I've never released a version that was too buggy to work. Don't afraid of the development versions. Also, I'm always trying to release bug fixes as soon as possible. Anyway, if you prefer to play it safe, or prefer using other than English user interface language, use the current stable version.
A: I've started this project when I bougth my first CD Recorder and found no good free GUI application for CD Recording. It was not intended to be an Open Source nor to become public at all :) I just put it on my site and got surprised how many people started to use it. Then I've started to implement new features from user's requests and to do the job quicker and better I've used a lot of code taken from www.codeproject.com and www.codeguru.com. Now even if I consider to get my code open I cannot open the other author's code just like that. And not all of them can be contacted! Removing this code and replacing it with mine would take the project an year back. On the other hand the source code is a result of my free time work during all these years, sometimes untouched for months and is not that great :)